Secure flashing of Gen4 display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Secure flashing of Gen4 display

We are needing to allow a service center to flash/reflash the Gen4-ULCD-43D display. We are hesitant to have them load a file in the IDE because that allows someone to "edit" the file, thus the possibility of a non-standard flash. Is there a way to do a "binary" load of the display and SD card that does not expose the underlying code?

Something similar to the Arduino's .hex download function.

Hi,

The .4xe or the .4fn is the binary file. You can load it with ScriptC and or GUI program loader, which you can call from the command line. You may want to check these links for the documents to learn more.Best Regards

Comment

I don't know if it will work for you - but I am using the stub loader and SD card to store the program. I have set SD card as destination for the project and I have flashed the stub loader onto all our screens, so we just have to load up the SD card and the screen will automatically load the new program. For any update you just have to send them the compiled files and they can copy those files onto the SD card. They can (I believe) do the stub loader themselves on an existing screen.

Comment

Hi,

I think that would work for me however, I will choose the methods which are commonly used with the displays. If you are using some kind of method, could you share how you store your program? so we can get more idea about how you actually load the program.

Best Regards

Comment

Working...
        X