Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just for beginning.

Hello
    I had an arduino program that ran with a numeric keypad.
    I wanted to change the keyboard to a 28DT screen, but I can't do it at all.
    I have read lots of documents on your site, lots of examples on the net, but I can't.
    So to start slowly, I made a screen with just a button and a label.
    I would like when I press the button that it writes a predefined text in the label.
    Can you help me ?

I tried different program, but nothing.
    For example :
    HTML Code:
    #include <genieArduino.h>

Genie genie;

#define RESETLINE 4 // Change this if you are not using an Arduino Adaptor Shield Version 2 (see code below)
    int button0;

// Setup function
    void setup()
    {
    // Use a Serial Begin and serial port of your choice in your code and use the genie.Begin function to send
    // it to the Genie library (see this example below)
    // max of 200K Baud is good for most Arduinos. Galileo should use 115200 or below.
    // Some Arduino variants use Serial1 for the TX/RX pins, as Serial0 is for USB.
    Serial.begin(19200); // Serial0 @ 9600 Baud
    genie.Begin(Serial); // Use Serial0 for talking to the Genie Library, and to the 4D Systems display
    genie.AttachEventHandler(myGenieEventHandler);

// Reset the Display (change D4 to D2 if you have original 4D Arduino Adaptor)
    // THIS IS IMPORTANT AND CAN PREVENT OUT OF SYNC ISSUES, SLOW SPEED RESPONSE ETC
    // If NOT using a 4D Arduino Adaptor, digitalWrites must be reversed as Display Reset is Active Low, and
    // the 4D Arduino Adaptors invert this signal so must be Active High.
    pinMode(RESETLINE, OUTPUT); // Set D4 on Arduino to Output (4D Arduino Adaptor V2 - Display Reset)
    digitalWrite(RESETLINE, 1); // Reset the Display via D4
    delay(100);
    digitalWrite(RESETLINE, 0); // unReset the Display via D4

delay (3500); //let the display start up after the reset (This is important)
    }

// Main loop
    void loop()
    {
    //An optional third parameter specifies the base (format) to use; permitted values are BIN (binary, or base 2), OCT (octal, or base 8), DEC (decimal, or base 10), HEX (hexadecimal, or base 16).
    //For floating point numbers, this parameter specifies the number of decimal places to use.

genie.DoEvents();

}

void myGenieEventHandler(void)
    {
    genieFrame Event;
    genie.DequeueEvent(&Event); // Remove the next queued event from the buffer, and process it below

int button0 = 0;

if (genie.EventIs(&Event, GENIE_REPORT_OBJ, GENIE_OBJ_4DBUTTON, 0))
    {
    bool button0 = genie.GetEventData(&Event); // Receive the event data from the UserLed0
    button0 = !button0; // Toggle the state of the User LED Variable
    genie.WriteObject(GENIE_OBJ_4DBUTTON, 0, button0); // Write UserLed0_val value back to UserLed0
    Serial.print("toto");
    String Str1 = "OK";
    genie.WriteInhLabel(0, Str1); //prints String Class
    delay(5000);
    }

}
    Thank you.
    Wolfen38
    Last edited by Wolfen38; 16 December 2021, 11:16 PM.

Hi,

Have you checked if the baud rates are matched between the display and the host?

Code:
    Also, I have a sample project which is similar to yours. You can refer to the files attached and feel free to modify them.

Best Regards
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ivan_4d View Post
      Hi,

Have you checked if the baud rates are matched between the display and the host?

Code:
      Also, I have a sample project which is similar to yours. You can refer to the files attached and feel free to modify them.

Best Regards
      Sorry, I was on holiday.

I tried your example, but I have this on arduino :
      C:\Users\fmeasson\Downloads\Toggle_userLed\Toggle_userLed.ino: In function 'void myGenieEventHandler()':
      C:\Users\fmeasson\Downloads\Toggle_userLed\Toggle_userLed.ino:37:33: warning: ISO C++ forbids converting a string constant to 'char*' [-Wwrite-strings]
      genie.WriteStr(0, "LED ON");
      ^
      C:\Users\fmeasson\Downloads\Toggle_userLed\Toggle_userLed.ino:41:34: warning: ISO C++ forbids converting a string constant to 'char*' [-Wwrite-strings]
      genie.WriteStr(0, "LED OFF");
      And more, the screen turn off after some seconds...

Comment

Hi,

I have tried to run the project on my Arduino and, I didn't encounter such an error. Can you show the whole error message?

Best Regards

Comment

Hi

This is the whole error message.

Maybe some librairies are missing....

Comment

Now, no messages.

But the sreenn turns off after 2 seconds.

Maybe I don't connect correctly, I use the shield :
            Click image for larger version

Name:	MVIMG_20220112_091301.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	2.98 MB
ID:	77342

Comment

Hi,

You can refer to the datasheet of the Arduino Shield for the proper connections: 4D Arduino Adaptor Shield

Also, you can try to change the resetting of the display in your Arduino code like the snippet below.

Code:
              pinMode(RESETLINE, OUTPUT);
              digitalWrite(RESETLINE, 1);
              delay(100);
              digitalWrite(RESETLINE, 0);
              delay (5000);
              Best Regards

Comment

Thanks, it works.

Comment

Hi,

You're welcome.

If you have another inquiries, don't hesitate to ask.

You can also raise a ticket in our helpdesk for more inquiries.

Best Regards

Comment

Hi,

I have a new question.

I use IBUTTONE. I press button to choose buyer, and after I press an other button to go to the next form. When I come back to the first form, the IBUTTONE is always at 'ON', I would like it retunrs to OFF when I go to the second form.

Is it possible ?

An another question.
                    For my IBUTTONE, I use events 'report message' to keep the value, because if I use 'foractivate' to change form, it dosen't save the value.
                    Is it possivble to do both in same time ? Save the value and change form ?

Thanks a lot.

Comment

Working...
                    X