No announcement yet.

4Duino is it a card that really works?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4Duino is it a card that really works?

Hello everyone, since 2016 I have tried to make 4duino work correctly, unfortunately I cannot do it, so far 4Dsystems is not able to put a single detailed example that serves as a guide and that is tested and working, I begin to suspect that it is a model with errors that will soon be out of the market.

Rolant.

Dear Rolant,

You can check some of the examples here.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,
    Ferdinand

Comment

Dear Ferdinand,

thank you for responding, taking advantage of the fact that I have your attention I want to ask you a favor, not to leave the subject until reaching an exit, if you can do that, perhaps you can help me with the following:

1.- The page that you recommend me to see the examples with 4Duino is full of motivating projects, many colors and wonderful ideas, unfortunately none of them work, the links are broken in all cases " http://www.4duino.com/downloads /projects/4D-PR-100-024-CODE.zip ”, and in some cases they lead to the 4dSystems product page, for whatever reason you can't have any examples, so I ask you, You tried those examples before recommending me ? Maybe I'm making a mistake?

2.- Very important, in the 4Dsystems manuals it indicates that it is required to have the Arduino IDE installed with the library for the board "4Duino - 2.4" "that in" https://github.com/4dsystems/4Duino/raw/master/package_4dsystems_index.json ”, unfortunately that board is no longer within that library, this is considered very very delicate.

3.- what I am mentioning in the previous points, I already commented on them two years ago or maybe more, since then the links for examples do not work, and the responses of the 4Dsystems team are the same, as in this case, that is why I ask you not to abandon this topic until you reach an exit, could you achieve it? Thank you.

Rolant.

Comment

Hello Rolant,

I will try and answer some of your questions.

As you will have seen, the 4duino.com server was turned off some time ago and it has not been reinstated.

The project file you mention I have found in our backup, attached.

I am unsure what the issue is with the JSON file for you, the 4Duino is listed in there for me no problem.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-01-10_13-00-51.png
Views:	17
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	77329

Name:	2022-01-10_13-01-22.png
Views:	15
Size:	1.6 KB
ID:	77330

I am sorry the server is no longer online, so if you find examples you cannot get the files for, please just request them and we will do our best to find them, such as the one you requested here which i have attached. I hope this works for you, I have not tried it.

Regards
        James
        James

Comment

Maybe to make it easier, these are the project files I have found in our backup, if that is of future help:

4Duino Projects:
          https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qsiwzu9tx...fSaIBpDsa?dl=0

Regards
          James
          James

Comment

Hi James.

First of all thanks for the examples, regarding the JSON file, I can see that the attached images are from an old version of Arduino IDE that is probably already installed on your computer, I propose the following, install the Arduino IDE from scratch and following the steps indicated in the 4Duino manual try to add the library "https://github.com/4dsystems/4Duino/raw/master/package_4dsystems_index.json", you can see that it cannot be done.

Name:	IDE_1.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	144.6 KB
ID:	77366

Name:	Ide_2.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	179.0 KB
ID:	77367

Rolant
            Attached Files

Comment

Hello Rolant,

No this was not installed on my computer already. I got a new PC at the end of last year and have not played with a 4Duino for well over a year now, so this was all done fresh and it worked fine.

My IDE is 1.8.15, I see yours is 1.8.19, so really that should be very minor differences.

The problem I see is you are looking at the Library Manager, not the Board Manager. The 4Duino is a Board, not a Library.

Name:	2022-01-17_09-56-50.png
Views:	7
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	77369

Regards
              James
              James

Comment

Working...
              X