Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No connection to UOLED-32028-P1

Hi all.

I've been trying to get a UOLED-3202x -p1 touch screen to connect to workshop unsuccessfully.
    I've been using uOLED 32028-p1t in the software as looks and seems like the same thing?

I've been using the USB to RS32 (USB-CE5) that came originally with the screen I presume.

I've tried everything obvious but can't seem to get it to program the screen.

I have managed to get some sort of connection where the screen reboots but doesn't actually change.
    Other times it suggests I have a different screen or just can't connect to the com it's on.

I think I've tried everything obvious that I can see from the software.

I'm using workshop 4d ver. 4.7.0.11

I'm guessing this is a legacy screen no longer supported??
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Mhay; 18 January 2022, 12:30 AM.

Should be fine.

So what is displayed on the screen, if you just power it up and wait 5 seconds or so?

What does the traffic light in Workshop in the workshop comms tab, and it's associated text say? What if you click on the traffic light, what happens to the display and what is the comms updated to?
    Mark

Comment

When powered up the screen runs an old program.
      the traffic light is red.
      When I click on it it searches the com selected and says it cannot connect or something similar.

​​​​​​I Might reinstall the workshop software and take some screenshots of the errors.
      Last edited by Mhay; 18 January 2022, 08:27 AM.

Comment

It's not Workshop, no need to reinstall.

So by old program, it's definitely not an SGC splash screen (Sorry don't have a photo handy)?

Perhaps check that there is a Driver for the com port (A CE5 should install / use an FTDI driver) and that that is the com port selected

When you click on the traffic light the display should reset, is that happening?

You should just have the CE5 connected to the Display, the P1-EB should not be connected to anything.
        Mark

Comment

Ok, reinstalled workshop anyway as I had tried every setting and wanted a fresh start.
          So the coms is blue and when I press the coms button the screen reboots.

Click image for larger version

Name:	comms.png
Views:	45
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	77390

If I try a file transfer it can't connect :

Click image for larger version

Name:	transfer.png
Views:	25
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	77393

Attached Files

Comment

If I try to download a simple program to the screen it first says I have a different screen and then cant connect with other odd popups

Comment

Originally posted by ESPsupport View Post
              It's not Workshop, no need to reinstall.

So by old program, it's definitely not an SGC splash screen (Sorry don't have a photo handy)?

Perhaps check that there is a Driver for the com port (A CE5 should install / use an FTDI driver) and that that is the com port selected

When you click on the traffic light the display should reset, is that happening?

You should just have the CE5 connected to the Display, the P1-EB should not be connected to anything.
              I don't have the expansion board connected, although I tried that too

Comment

The blank 'status' area had me confused for a while....

Seems you have a Version 1 GFX PmmC loaded, it's so old we don't even call Version 2 PmmCs Version 2 anymore.

Start the PmmC loader and load the uOLED-32028-P1-R44 Pmmc. Then Workshop should be much happier and you should be able to load programs
                Mark

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	mountfail.png Views:	2 Size:	62.2 KB ID:	77398
                  Originally posted by ESPsupport View Post
                  The blank 'status' area had me confused for a while....

Seems you have a Version 1 GFX PmmC loaded, it's so old we don't even call Version 2 PmmCs Version 2 anymore.

Start the PmmC loader and load the uOLED-32028-P1-R44 Pmmc. Then Workshop should be much happier and you should be able to load programs

That seems to have fixed the connection, still not downloading after changing the baud rate to 600000, thats what's on the screen as it says it failed

Good news, it will download a new screen if theres an SD in the screen!

I presumed it didn't need on as the previous was running without one?
                  Last edited by Mhay; 18 January 2022, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Well, yeah, that could/would be right
                    Mark

Comment

• Mhay
                      Mhay commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks Mark
                  Working...
                  X