Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• genieArduino won't work with Adafruit Feather M0

Hi!
    I have a problem with compiling when I use the genieArduino library.
    I can't get the Arudio IDE to compile for an Adafruit Feather M0 (or other Adafruit SAMD21 boards). Other boards work (like Adafruit feather 32u4 and Adruini MKR 1000)

In my code all I have is:

-------------------------------------------------
    #include <genieArduino.h>

void setup() {
    }

void loop() {
    }
    --------------------------------------------------

So the problem is within the genieArduino library.

I am getting the error messages
    error: no return statement in function returning non-void [-Werror=return-type] (multiple)
    error: control reaches end of non-void function [-Werror=return-type] (one)

I run Arduino IDE 1.8.19 with genieArduino 1.5.2

I have tried to uninstall/install boards, library and the IDE.
    I have tried installing boards and library on a different computer with the same results.

Is there a solution or is genieArduino not compatible with these boards?

Regards
    Hans, Sweden.

Complete error message below (from when the IDE starts compiling the library:

Compiling libraries...

Compiling library "ViSi-Genie-Arduino-Library-1.5.2"

"C:\\Users\\Hasse\\AppData\\Local\\Arduino15\\packages\\adafruit\\tools\\arm-none-eabi-gcc\\9-2019q4/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++" -mcpu=cortex-m0plus -mthumb -c -g -Os -Werror=return-type -std=gnu++11 -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -nostdlib --param max-inline-insns-single=500 -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions -MMD "-D__SKETCH_NAME__="""SAMD21_test.ino"""" -DF_CPU=48000000L -DARDUINO=10816 -DARDUINO_SAMD_ZERO -DARDUINO_ARCH_SAMD -DARDUINO_SAMD_ADAFRUIT -DARDUINO_SAMD_ZERO -DARM_MATH_CM0PLUS -DADAFRUIT_FEATHER_M0 -D__SAMD21G18A__ -DUSB_VID=0x239A -DUSB_PID=0x800B -DUSBCON -DUSB_CONFIG_POWER=100 "-DUSB_MANUFACTURER="Adafruit"" "-DUSB_PRODUCT="Feather M0"" "-IC:\\Users\\Hasse\\AppData\\Local\\Arduino15\\packages\\adafruit\\hardware\\samd\\1.7.7/libraries/Adafruit_TinyUSB_Arduino/src/arduino" -Os -DARDUINO_SAMD_ZERO -DARM_MATH_CM0PLUS -DADAFRUIT_FEATHER_M0 -D__SAMD21G18A__ -DUSB_VID=0x239A -DUSB_PID=0x800B -DUSBCON -DUSB_CONFIG_POWER=100 "-DUSB_MANUFACTURER="Adafruit"" "-DUSB_PRODUCT="Feather M0"" "-IC:\\Users\\Hasse\\AppData\\Local\\Arduino15\\packages\\adafruit\\hardware\\samd\\1.7.7/libraries/Adafruit_TinyUSB_Arduino/src/arduino" "-IC:\\Users\\Hasse\\AppData\\Local\\Arduino15\\packages\\adafruit\\tools\\CMSIS\\5.4.0/CMSIS/Core/Include/" "-IC:\\Users\\Hasse\\AppData\\Local\\Arduino15\\packages\\adafruit\\tools\\CMSIS\\5.4.0/CMSIS/DSP/Include/" "-IC:\\Users\\Hasse\\AppData\\Local\\Arduino15\\packages\\adafruit\\tools\\CMSIS-Atmel\\1.2.2/CMSIS/Device/ATMEL/" "-IC:\\Users\\Hasse\\AppData\\Local\\Arduino15\\packages\\adafruit\\hardware\\samd\\1.7.7\\cores\\ardu ino" "-IC:\\Users\\Hasse\\AppData\\Local\\Arduino15\\packages\\adafruit\\hardware\\samd\\1.7.7\\variants\\f eather_m0" "-IC:\\Users\\Hasse\\Documents\\Arduino\\libraries\\ViSi-Genie-Arduino-Library-1.5.2\\src" "C:\\Users\\Hasse\\Documents\\Arduino\\libraries\\ViSi-Genie-Arduino-Library-1.5.2\\src\\genieArduino.cpp" -o "C:\\Users\\Hasse\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_94562\\libraries\\ViSi-Genie-Arduino-Library-1.5.2\\genieArduino.cpp.o"

C:\Users\Hasse\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ViSi-Genie-Arduino-Library-1.5.2\src\genieArduino.cpp: In member function 'uint16_t Genie::WriteObject(uint16_t, uint16_t, uint16_t)':

C:\Users\Hasse\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ViSi-Genie-Arduino-Library-1.5.2\src\genieArduino.cpp:673:1: error: no return statement in function returning non-void [-Werror=return-type]

673 | }

| ^

C:\Users\Hasse\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ViSi-Genie-Arduino-Library-1.5.2\src\genieArduino.cpp: In member function 'uint16_t Genie::WriteIntLedDigits(uint16_t, int16_t)':

C:\Users\Hasse\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ViSi-Genie-Arduino-Library-1.5.2\src\genieArduino.cpp:681:1: error: no return statement in function returning non-void [-Werror=return-type]

681 | }

| ^

C:\Users\Hasse\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ViSi-Genie-Arduino-Library-1.5.2\src\genieArduino.cpp: In member function 'uint16_t Genie::WriteIntLedDigits(uint16_t, float)':

C:\Users\Hasse\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ViSi-Genie-Arduino-Library-1.5.2\src\genieArduino.cpp:692:1: error: no return statement in function returning non-void [-Werror=return-type]

692 | }

| ^

C:\Users\Hasse\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ViSi-Genie-Arduino-Library-1.5.2\src\genieArduino.cpp: In member function 'uint16_t Genie::WriteIntLedDigits(uint16_t, int32_t)':

C:\Users\Hasse\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ViSi-Genie-Arduino-Library-1.5.2\src\genieArduino.cpp:703:1: error: no return statement in function returning non-void [-Werror=return-type]

703 | }

| ^

C:\Users\Hasse\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ViSi-Genie-Arduino-Library-1.5.2\src\genieArduino.cpp: In member function 'uint16_t Genie::WriteStr(uint16_t, double)':

C:\Users\Hasse\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ViSi-Genie-Arduino-Library-1.5.2\src\genieArduino.cpp:988:1: error: no return statement in function returning non-void [-Werror=return-type]

988 | }

| ^

C:\Users\Hasse\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ViSi-Genie-Arduino-Library-1.5.2\src\genieArduino.cpp: In member function 'uint16_t Genie::WriteInhLabel(uint16_t, double)':

C:\Users\Hasse\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ViSi-Genie-Arduino-Library-1.5.2\src\genieArduino.cpp:1293:1: error: no return statement in function returning non-void [-Werror=return-type]

1293 | }

| ^

C:\Users\Hasse\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ViSi-Genie-Arduino-Library-1.5.2\src\genieArduino.cpp: In member function 'bool Genie::EnqueueEvent(uint8_t*)':

C:\Users\Hasse\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ViSi-Genie-Arduino-Library-1.5.2\src\genieArduino.cpp:583:1: error: control reaches end of non-void function [-Werror=return-type]

583 | }

| ^

cc1plus.exe: some warnings being treated as errors

Using library ViSi-Genie-Arduino-Library-1.5.2 at version 1.5.2 in folder: C:\Users\Hasse\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ViSi-Genie-Arduino-Library-1.5.2

exit status 1

Error compiling for board Adafruit Feather M0.

Hello Hans

We are investigating and will get back to you soon

Regards
    James

Comment

Hello Hans.

The main genieArduino branch will need some figuring out to determine what is going wrong with the Adafruit core and SAMD, however we have a DEV version which has many improvements which we have just pushed a minor tweak to enable SAMD to compile on that, and that seems to function, if you wanted to try that.

https://github.com/4dsystems/ViSi-Ge...no-Library-DEV

Just note you will need to use Serial1 not Serial on the Adafruit M0 board I believe, so ensure your demo code has that factored in.

Regards
      James

Comment

Working...
      X