My Gen4-uLCD-24D-CLB bricked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Gen4-uLCD-24D-CLB bricked

It seems that my Gen4-uLCD-24D-CLB is bricked.
    Without SD card inserted, the default screen shows errno=15.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	webwxgetmsgimg.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.40 MB ID:	78434Then I tried to reprogram the flash.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	2022-07-25 11_34_44-Window.png Views:	0 Size:	8.8 KB ID:	78435
    But the problem persists.
    What problem could it be? And how to do a quick factory restore to a Gen4-uLCD?
    Thanks
    Last edited by bittware; 25 July 2022, 01:42 PM.

Hello,

Diablo retains its application even if you write the PmmC/Driver again, unlike some other 4D processors. It is stored in a different area of the processor. It does not erase the whole processor.

Have you tried writing a blank project, or a different project, using Workshop4?

Have you looked at the Diablo16 Internal Functions Manual to see what Error15 refers to and why you might be seeing it?

Regards
    James

Comment

Originally posted by James_4DSystems View Post
      Hello,

Diablo retains its application even if you write the PmmC/Driver again, unlike some other 4D processors. It is stored in a different area of the processor. It does not erase the whole processor.

Have you tried writing a blank project, or a different project, using Workshop4?

Have you looked at the Diablo16 Internal Functions Manual to see what Error15 refers to and why you might be seeing it?

Regards
      I confirm that my project is good as I can load it to the other boards without problem.
      I don't know what odd factors triggered such problem.
      This problem has nothing to do with the concrete project, because after deleting all UI elements it still failed with the same errno 15.

Comment

Hello,

Regards
        Would you please walk me through how to write a blank a project in order to restore its factory welcome display content? BTW, facotry restore should NOT be so cumbersome.

Comment

There is no such thing as a 'Factory Restore'. These do not run an OS as such.

Modules ship with Serial SPE loaded on them, if that is what you are referring to.
          Start a new Serial project in Workshop4, and click 'SPE Load' to load the SPE application to the display, and that is the closest you will get to a 'factory restore'.

Going back to the problem at hand though, you have the exact same application which works on other identical modules, but this one produces Error 15 while the other ones do not?
          All running the same PmmC/Driver?
          All purchased at the same time?

because after deleting all UI elements it still failed with the same errno 15.
          UI objects typically will not be the thing to cause error 15, its the code that does.

What environment is your application written in?
          James

Comment

Going back to the problem at hand though, you have the exact same application which works on other identical modules, but this one produces Error 15 while the other ones do not?
            All running the same PmmC/Driver?
            All purchased at the same time?
            Yes, exactly.

UI objects typically will not be the thing to cause error 15, its the code that does.

What environment is your application written in?
            That's also my doubt.
            I use the latest workshop 4 in a WIN10 machine.
            I guess there's some built-in function was broken.
            Last edited by bittware; 25 July 2022, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Putting "factory store" definition aside, how could you allow me to get back to the default splash screen? Then I might start from there with less problem.Click image for larger version

Name:	117430436.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	2.22 MB
ID:	78442

Comment

I found the route that triggered such problem.
                After loading the blank project to the flash
                Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-07-25 13_16_34.png
Views:	36
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	78444
                the screen becomes all black.
                Then I push "update bank(s) and run" button in the tool bar, it gives me the errno=15 error prompt.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-07-25 13_18_24-Window.png
Views:	30
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	78445
                But the real issue is I'm not able to load and make my normal project run thereafter.

Comment

The photo you gave above of the splash screen, is the Serial SPE splash screen I have already mentioned in my reply above in Post #5.
                  Open a new project in Workshop4, Select Serial environment (Not Designer, Visi or Visi-Genie, but Serial), then go to the Tools menu and click Load SPE, it will flash the SPE to your module, which is the splash screen you showed above. This is what is loaded when the modules ship. However going back to that is not going to solve whatever problem you are contending with now.

Update Banks and Run is to run a ViSi-Genie project from the uSD card, rather than loading the project to the Flash of Diablo16 processor, and just the resources stay on the uSD Card. With Update Banks and Run, you need to select the Destination to uSD, and then you load the Update Banks and Run program to the display, and then when you compile/build you project it will put the entire project on the uSD card and load it off the uSD card each time it powers on.

Please can you explain in full what your project is using, are you using ViSi-Genie?
                  Can you attach your project here for me to check? Or if you don't want to share publicly, please create a Support Ticket from our website and I can check it from there. https://helpdesk.4dsystems.com.au
                  James

Comment

Well, 'update banks and run' is for 'Destination uSD', which is at odds with what you are showing above.

Anyway, so if you load 'Update Banks and Run' and you get an Error 15, then it is almost certain that the program loaded into Flashbank 1 is 'faulty'

If you have 'Destination uSD' and your new program was, thus, on uSD, all you would have to do is insert that uSD and the 'Update Banks and Run' program would replace the Faulty program in FlashBank 1 and you'd be off and running again
                    Mark

Comment

I use ViSi-Genie to setup project. My project is very simple. Output widgets only, i.e. text and internal digits. The text is in a font of Lucida console that I seleted.
                      I don't think the real problem is the project as it runs fine in the very same enviornment on the other boards and even on the same board previously.
                      Update Banks and Run is to run a ViSi-Genie project from the uSD card, rather than loading the project to the Flash of Diablo16 processor, and just the resources stay on the uSD Card. With Update Banks and Run, you need to select the Destination to uSD, and then you load the Update Banks and Run program to the display, and then when you compile/build you project it will put the entire project on the uSD card and load it off the uSD card each time it powers on.
                      I would say the above explanation confused me more. Why could "Update Banks and Run" trigger erron=15?
                      This case can be reproduced easily. Without any SD card inserted -> setup a blank project -> select run flash and file system of flash -> build copy/load the blank project -> click tools/update blank(s) and run -> get the errno=15 -> normal non-blank project can not be loaded and run any more
                      Last edited by bittware; 25 July 2022, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ESPsupport View Post
                        Anyway, so if you load 'Update Banks and Run' and you get an Error 15, then it is almost certain that the program loaded into Flashbank 1 is 'faulty'
                        How could it be a faulty program if I loaded just a blank project?

Comment

Or I doubt that maybe there was a faulty program but the blank project does not overwrite it successfully.

Comment

Originally posted by bittware View Post
                            I use ViSi-Genie to setup project. My project is very simple. Output widgets only, i.e. text and internal digits. The text is in a font of Lucida console that I seleted.
                            I don't think the real problem is the project as it runs fine in the very same enviornment on the other boards and even on the same board previously.

I would say the above explanation confused me more. Why could "Update Banks and Run" trigger erron=15?
                            This case can be reproduced easily. Without any SD card inserted -> setup a blank project -> select run flash and file system of flash -> build copy/load the blank project -> click tools/update blank(s) and run -> get the errno=15 -> normal non-blank project can not be loaded and run any more
                            Because it related to what ESPsupport said in the reply after mine.
                            Have you loaded something in to Flashbank1 ?
                            We suspect that its crashing when you do Update Banks and Run, because its running what you have loaded in Flashbank1, which is faulty somehow, or incompatible with the PmmC you have loaded, like its an old program or something - hard to know exactly. So really you need to overwrite what you have loaded in flashbank1, or erase it.
                            James

Comment

To completely erase the modules flashbanks, please run this application, attached.
                              It is set to run from RAM, so wont be stored on the display.
                              Then load your original program back on using the Update Banks and Run etc, and hopefully that will have it solved for you.
                              Whatever you had stored in Flashbank1 seems to be causing this issue. This will erase all 5 of the Flashbanks so its a clean slate.
                              Attached Files
                              James

Comment

Working...
                              X