Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to use 8-bit images?

I have a uoled3228_p1 with pmmc1.08.

I use 16bit images in a GCI and DAT file created with latest Graphicscomposer.

Because the speed of loading umages is very slow (you can see the image wipe from top to bottom [0,2sec] when display a full screen image), I want to use 8bit-Images because there is less traffic from uSD. I hope it will be faster!

But if I set the depth of each image in Graphicscomposer to 8bit I'm unable to display the image. Imagecontrol loads without error but img_Show doesn't display the image.

How can I solve this problem? How can I increase the display-speed for images? 

46 readings of this thread but no answer :-(

Comment

GC does not support the creation of 8 bit Images in the way you are trying to. They only exist for Legacy Serial Goldelox displays.

Picaso displays do not display 8 bit images any faster than 16 bit images as they are a 16 bit device.

What are you trying to do that needs greater speed? I usually find that allowing a new image to replace the old (Rather than clearing the screen first) gives an apparent increase in speed, well actually it does, the clear takes quite a bit of time)
      Mark

Comment

#platform "uLCD-32032-P1T"

// Image - "Bart.JPG"
        // Width = 200
        // Height = 300
        // Bit Depth= 16 bit
        // Size Mode = Zoom

func main()
        var x, y;
        gfx_Cls();
        print("heap=", mem_Heap(), " bytes\n\n"); // show the heap size
        //================================================== =
        // mount the drive
        if (!uSD_Init())
        print("Cant mount drive...\n");
        while(!uSD_Init());
        endif
        print("Drive mounted\n");
        //================================================== =

x:= 0;
        y:= 0;

repeat
        uSD_SetSector(0x0000, 0x0000);

uSD_Image(x++,x++);
        if (x==30) x:=0;
        //pause(500);
        forever

endfunc
        //==================================================

The slide show has been built on the Graphics Composer with only a single bart.jpg file attached here http://4d.websitetoolbox.com/post?id=3451922&pid=33375532#post33375532

The file name is changed to keep it concise. uSD Raw format is used here. Image width and height is reduced such that while displaying the image at a certain postion using uSD_Image(x,y), the image still fits in to the x-pixel (240) range and y-pixel (320) range. As soon as the image boundaries go out of the x,y resolution range, the image will be distorted.

See if that works for u...

Comment

Working...
        X